Hey guys 🙂 Today we have a super experimental recipe for you – but its awsome 🙂 Quinoa salad with mango, mozzarella and red beet
Quinoa a tiny little seed packs a big nutritional punch: It’s high in protein and nutrients with anti-inflammatory properties. The cereal has a mild, slightly vegetal flavor and cooks up fluffy, like couscous, but is still slightly crunchy.
- The grains can have a bitter residue on it, so make sure to rinse it well in a fine mesh strainer.
- Like pasta, you can boil quinoa in a lot of water, then drain it. Or, like rice, combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water and bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, over low heat until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Quinoa’s light texture makes it great for mixing with other heavier grains.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- fresh red beet
- a pack of low fat mozzarella
- 1 fresh mango
- Spices of your choice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the quinoa as mentioned before 🙂
- Boil the red beet (or even buy a cooked one no sugar added when you have little time ;))
- Cut the mozzarella and the mango into pieces
- Add all the ingredients to your cooked quinoa and put your salad into the fridge
- Create your own healthy dressing – we prefer olive oil and spices 🙂
- Enjoy your healthy quinoa salad