Hey Fitfamily 🙂
As we already mentioned on facebook, we joined a traditional Yoga class a few months ago. We both were not very flexible in the beginning – stretching wasn’t one of our favorites haha.
But after practicing asanas for a while, we get more and more used to the positions and also to the lifestyle this course teaches. It is not only doing asanas and learning how to breathe correctly – the traditional Yoga rules affect on your whole lifestyle.
Practicing this sport makes you: Feel healthy – calm down and above all: Be a nice person!
Now here we tried to sum up 7 Do’s and Don’ts for beginners:
- Live a truthful life (Satya)
- Be happy and thankful with what life gives you
- Try to have positive and pure thoughts
- This sport should be practiced on a leveled floor in a room where doors and windows can be kept open for air and light.
- Try to practice the exercises everyday regularly, preferably at the same time.
- While practicing, you should concentrate on yoga alone and try to keep away the other thoughts.
- Pranayama should follow the asanas and meditation should follow Pranayama.
- Don’t hurt other beings with acts, words or thoughts (Ahimsa)
- Don’t Steal (Asteya)
- Don’t be stressed or angry while practicing the asanas
- Don’t have a full tummy while doing yogapositions, wait until 2 to 3 hours after large meals.
- Don’t shower or drink water for 30 minutes after doing yoga.
- Don’t practice in unclean or smoky place and in areas with foul smell
- Don’t use abusive words
There are many other things you should focus attention on in Yoga but for us as beginners these are the most important ones to start with a yoga lifestyle.
If any questions appear – don’t be shy to ask 🙂